CAL POLY CORPORATION San Luis Obispo, CA Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on April 28, 2022
|Job Title||AmeriCorps Administrative Assistant|
|Contract End Date||08/31/2023|
|Hiring Range||$17.87-$26.80 per hour|
|Full Time or Part Time||Full Time|
|If Part Time, List Work Hours|
Position Summary Information
|Job Description Summary||
The Cal Poly Leadership & Service area consists of the Center for Leadership, the Center for Service in Action, Clubs & Organizations and Fraternity & Sorority Life, which supports the development of student leadership and service on campus and in the surrounding community. Their events and services encourage leadership skill development and competency, assumption of leadership and service roles, community building and collaboration, and the continuation of service to one’s community after graduation. We are committed to supporting the academic success of students by fostering the development of integrity and problems solving skills; teaching self-advocacy and personal responsibility; and providing students with opportunities to learn and practice the fundamental principles of good citizenship, responsible leadership, and the importance of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in a global society. Clubs & Organizations provide an opportunity for students to participate in registered student organizations with a specific interest and focus relevant to the participant’s academic or personal interest, to participate in club sports as student-athletes, and acquire leadership, event planning, and team skills.
Under the direction of the AmeriCorps Program Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides support to the AmeriCorps programs, including the Coastal California Civic Leadership Consortium and the AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Program (VIP). The Administrative Assistant provides high-quality customer service, interprets and applies existing policies and procedures, maintains attention to detail and timeliness, and assists in reporting/bookkeeping/accounting duties. This position works with partner campuses, host agencies, staff and faculty stakeholders, and Corps members to collect and organize data to ensure the compliance with reporting and other requirements for the grants that support these programs, and their potential ongoing renewal. All staff of the AmeriCorps program team should be committed to the ongoing personal and professional development of students, assessing risk for member activities and working conditions of members, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with constituents on- and off-campus, and performs effectively under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Minimum two (2) years of office, accounting, or customer support experience
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and financial software
· Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and meet time lines
· Ability to manage tasks, train and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others
· Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff at each partner institution, including the campus presidential level, the Office of the Governor of the State of California, university community, including students, faculty and staff, and the public.
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
· A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
· Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
· The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
· Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone
· Dexterity of hands, fingers, and wrist to operate a computer keyboard and calculator
· Seeing to read a variety of materials
· Sitting or standing for extended period of time
· Physical agility to lift 20 pounds to shoulder height
· Physical agility to lift, carry, push, or pull objects
|Typical Essential Functions||
· Provide administrative support to the Coastal California Civic Leadership Consortium and AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Project (VIP) team, members, and partners.
· Provide financial support in processing Invoices for payment (Accounts Payable), Deposits (Accounts Receivable), reconcile P-card for payment request and prepare travel claims for reimbursement/payment
· Reconcile vendor statements to paid/outstanding invoices.
· Assist with facility operations and office management: order and stock supplies, inventory control, coordinate facility maintenance needs, mail distribution, and organization of file system and access.
· Ensure office equipment is operating and properly maintained, arrange for necessary maintenance/repairs as needed.
· Perform clerical duties related to administrative details of day-to-day operations and keep the office space organized and neat.
· Distribute paperwork on campus and to partner campuses and sites for processing
· Schedule and organize meetings, prepare agendas and take /transcribe meeting notes
· Respond to university and partner institution inquiries involving members and host agency placements, challenges, and successes, consulting the team and/or supervisor as appropriate regarding sensitive inquiries.
· Perform HR functions related to the recruitment, hiring, onboarding, evaluation, and timekeeping of the AmeriCorps VIP members and Civic Leadership Corps students.
· Collect and report operational and assessment data related to members and host agencies (e.g., participation, impact).
· Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
· Attend training and maintain skill currency as appropriate to safely and effectively complete assignments.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Subject to continued grant/center funding. Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. This position is benefit eligible.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
The California State University system (CSU) requires that students, faculty, and any employees of organizations who access campus, or any CSU facilities, to be either fully vaccinated or qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Please note if you are chosen for a position with the Cal Poly Corporation you will be asked to fill out a Vaccine Attestation once you are hired. This attestation will ask if you are vaccinated or asking for a medical or religious exemption. If not vaccinated and asking for an exemption you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 one (1) time per week at a testing site on campus.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Review of Applications Begin Date|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your level of education.
- No degree
- HS degree or equivalent
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- * How many years of related work experience and/or relevant training do you have?
- Less than 1
- * Do you have experience supporting Human Resources functions related to recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and timekeeping of staff?
Required DocumentsOptional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3