CAL POLY CORPORATION San Luis Obispo, CA Full-time Education
Posted on April 28, 2022
|Job Title||AmeriCorps Program Manager|
|Contract End Date||08/31/2023|
|Hiring Range||$66,138-$99,207 per year|
|Full Time or Part Time||Full Time|
|If Part Time, List Work Hours|
Position Summary Information
|Job Description Summary||
The Cal Poly Leadership & Service area consists of the Center for Leadership, the Center for Service in Action, Clubs & Organizations and Fraternity & Sorority Life, which supports the development of student leadership and service on campus and in the surrounding community. Their events and services encourage leadership skill development and competency, assumption of leadership and service roles, community building and collaboration, and the continuation of service to one’s community after graduation. We are committed to supporting the academic success of students by fostering the development of integrity and problems solving skills; teaching self-advocacy and personal responsibility; and providing students with opportunities to learn and practice the fundamental principles of good citizenship, responsible leadership, and the importance of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in a global society. Clubs & Organizations provide an opportunity for students to participate in registered student organizations with a specific interest and focus relevant to the participant’s academic or personal interest, to participate in club sports as student-athletes, and acquire leadership, event planning, and team skills.
Under the general direction of the Senior Coordinator of the Cal Poly Center for Service in Action, the Program Manager assumes responsibility for managing all facets of the AmeriCorps programs, including the Coastal California Civic Leadership Consortium and the AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Program (VIP). The program manager provides oversight for the development and implementation of these programs, and manages the working relationships with partner campuses, host agencies, staff and faculty stakeholders, and Corps members. This position will directly manage and oversee the AmeriCorps team, including Program Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, and all program interns. In addition, the position has the responsibility for ensuring compliance with reporting and other requirements for the grants that support these programs, and their potential ongoing renewal. All staff of the AmeriCorps program team should be committed to the ongoing personal and professional development of students, assessing risk for member activities and working conditions of members, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with constituents on- and off-campus, and performs effectively under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands.
· Minimum of five years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field (graduate degree may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience).
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and meet constant timelines
· Highly motivated and flexible
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and other systems and software
· Ability to use office equipment including copier, fax, and telephone system
· Ability to maintain financial processes and invoice payment tracking
· Commitment to quality customer service
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
· Ability to successfully work independently, organizing own work and coordinating work activities of others
· Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
· Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff at each partner institution, including the campus presidential level, the Office of the Governor of the State of California, university community, including students, faculty and staff, and the public.
· Ability to travel as needed to assess work sites, meet with stakeholders, and occasional professional development.
· Ability to work some evening or weekend hours, as needed.
· Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
· A background check is required for all regular benefited positions.
· The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
· Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone
· Dexterity of hands, fingers, and wrist to operate a computer keyboard and calculator
· Seeing to read a variety of materials
· Sitting or standing for an extended period of time
· Physical agility to lift 20 pounds to shoulder height
· Physical agility to lift, carry, push, or pull objects
|Typical Essential Functions||
· Manage all AmeriCorps programs including reporting, marketing, recruitment and management of team members and host agencies, budget, and resources as appropriate.
· Provide oversight and management of the Coastal California Civic Leadership Consortium and AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Project (VIP).
· Supervise and oversee AmeriCorps staff, members, and interns.
· Identify and train with professional staff on procedural issues and the provisions of risk assessments for activities, student conduct and behavior. Respond to university and partner institution inquiries involving members and host agency placements, challenges, and successes.
· Oversee the recruitment, hiring, supervision and evaluation of the AmeriCorps VIP members and Civic Leadership Corps students.
· Plan and implement comprehensive training plans for AmeriCorps VIP members and Civic Leadership Corps students.
· Contribute to short and long-term goal setting and strategic planning for the Leadership & Service Department that supports the priorities for the University and the Division of Student Affairs.
· Oversee the host agency recognition process and related policies and procedures including risk assessment and evaluation of position descriptions and work assignments for member placement.
· Coordinate the creation/revision of evaluative systems and tools to assess impact and measure achievement of desired learning outcomes based on Cal Poly goals and standards.
· Mentor members in their efforts to affect positive changes within their community organizations by consulting on organizational dynamics, conflict resolution, and other strategies for effective leadership.
· Meet with host agencies and members to ensure university and partner institution objectives, requirements, and safety measures are understood prior to recognition.
· Represent the AmeriCorps programs to the public, media and off-campus organizations. Coordinate communications with university communications teams at each partner institution.
· Collect and report operational and assessment data related to members and host agencies (e.g., participation, impact).
· Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
· Attend training and maintain skill currency as appropriate to safely and effectively complete assignments.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Subject to continued grant/center funding. Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. This position is benefit eligible.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
The California State University system (CSU) requires that students, faculty, and any employees of organizations who access campus, or any CSU facilities, to be either fully vaccinated or qualify for a medical or religious exemption. Please note if you are chosen for a position with the Cal Poly Corporation you will be asked to fill out a Vaccine Attestation once you are hired. This attestation will ask if you are vaccinated or asking for a medical or religious exemption. If not vaccinated and asking for an exemption you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 one (1) time per week at a testing site on campus.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Review of Applications Begin Date|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your level of education.
- No degree
- HS degree or equivalent
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- * How many years of related work experience and/or relevant training do you have?
- Less than 1
- * Do you have experience with safety and risk management of a program?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience managing program grants and budgets?
(Open Ended Question)
Required DocumentsOptional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3