Journeyman Maintenance & Utility FieldworkerCity of Buellton
City of Buellton Journeyman Maintenance & Utility Fieldworker
Seeking qualified applicants to fill Journeyman Maintenance & Utility Fieldworker position within the Public Works Department.
Example of Duties:
- Adjusts plant controls and process to ensure effective treatment.
- Repairs and maintains the wastewater collection system, operates sewer rodder equipment.
- Performs pick and shovel work in digging, widening and back filling trenches and assists in the maintenance and repair of water and sewer lines.
- Maintains, repairs and installs water mains, water service, water pumping equipment, purification equipment, fire hydrants and related equipment.
- Maintains and operates water reservoirs, valves and related piping, including Sewer Plant and Water Filtration Plant.
- Maintains daily activity log, monitors storage tank levels, sounds wells and records depths for report purposes.
- Perform basic analysis in water and wastewater treatment.
- Reads meters and keeps accurate records.
- Installs, repairs and maintains wastewater facilities consisting of sewage and wastewater treatment plants.
- Operates and maintains pumps.
- Operates and maintains aerators, clarified digesters, grinders, filters, chemical dispensers and related equipment.
- Maintains treatment ponds.
- Checks meters, gauges and flow meter readings for plant operators, assists in reviewing results of laboratory tests to determine effectiveness of plant operations.
- Responds to customer requests for service, complaints and problems.
- Answers emergency calls, takes appropriate action such as placing barricades, calls out additional assistance/responsible agencies, removes fallen trees and limbs, clears clogged drainage channels, repairs/replaces street signs, performs emergency patching of streets, performs emergency repairs on water and sewer systems.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains streets, sidewalks, storm drains, traffic signs and landscaping.
- Operates and maintains a variety of light and heavy equipment including backhoe, loader, dump truck, boom truck, jack hammer, and sewer rodding machines; drives other City vehicles and operates other power equipment as necessary.
- Performs major and minor repairs to equipment used in the course of duties.
- Trims and maintains trees in public right-of-way, trims lawns, shrubs, maintains parks and other landscaped areas, performs other maintenance work as assigned.
- Applies pesticides and herbicides as directed.
- Performs building maintenance tasks such as painting, minor construction and general repairs.
- Lifts, moves and carries heavy objects.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This company is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation. This law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.