Under the general direction of the IT Operations Manager, performs a variety of technology tasks supporting CAPSLO’s mission by ensuring staff receive prompt IT support and assists in repairing, maintaining, upgrading, and installing computers and related peripheral equipment to all CAPSLO employees in all counties. Performs diagnostic testing to determine source of problems and makes necessary repairs. Efficiently handles installation of new systems and equipment. Keeps detailed and accurate records of all work performed.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma
- Level I: Combination of related experience, education or certification equivalent to one year.
- Level II: Combination of related experience, education or certification equivalent to three years.
- Level I and II:
- One year of related job experience in one of the following areas:
- Intel/Microsoft computer system repair
- Local Area Network maintenance
- Operational knowledge of the currently supported version(s) of the Microsoft Windows Operating System (OS)
- Able to install and configure OS
- Capable of troubleshooting OS errors
- Operational knowledge of the currently supported version(s) of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to install and configure Office applications
- Have a working knowledge of standard functions within Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Networking
- Possess a basic understanding of network protocols, standard practices and equipment.
- Able to use standard network test equipment & procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Administration
- Must have knowledge of Active Directory
- One year of related job experience in one of the following areas:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Level I and II: A+ certification desired.
License & Certifications:
- Must have dependable, insured transportation and valid California Driver’s License (mileage to be reimbursed) and acceptable driving record. A DMV printout and proof of insurance will be required.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots office computer hardware and software.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots server computer hardware and software.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots computer peripherals and devices.
- Provides network security and ensures protection from viruses and corrupt data.
- Provides hardware and software technical assistance to staff.
- Assists with the planning, design, research, and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems.
- Provides general Helpdesk support for agency-wide desktops, laptops and all computer related equipment.
- Maintains formalized documentation of IT related goods, services, facilities, et al. employing means such as intranet, Visio, pictures, databases, documents and spreadsheets.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Inventories IT equipment and provides recommendations for replacement equipment as needed.
- Must understand, uphold, and continue working toward accomplishing the mission, strategic goals and performance measures of the agency.
- Must use reasonable precautions in the performance of one’s duties and adhere to all applicable safety rules and practices; and act in such a manner as to assure at all times maximum safety to one’s self, fellow employees, clients and children.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Server Administration.
- Must have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent people skills, communication and familiarity with a customer support environment is crucial.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work a schedule of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Must have strong personal initiative, ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and determine priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to relate well to all people of the community regardless of color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or socio-economic level.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires working indoors in temperature-controlled environment with some exposure to copier and printer chemicals/fumes.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, twisting, and bending.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Simple hand grasping and hand manipulation required, as well as reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Must be willing to travel frequently within the county and outside of the county. Some overnight travel will be required for out of county trips.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age by date of hire.
- Must submit proof of current vaccination status for measles, pertussis, and influenza (or a current, signed influenza declination form) in compliance with SB 792.
- Must complete a health screening physical completed within 12 months prior to employment or 7 days following the date of hire, and a current TB skin test/Chest X-Ray.
- Employment is contingent upon meeting all job requirements and background requirements: criminal history check (Inclusive of DOJ, FBI and Child Abuse), acknowledgement of child abuse reporting responsibility, criminal record statement (Form LIC508), etc. A criminal history clearance is required within seven days of completing the Live Scan.
- Upon hire agency staff will check the Megan’s Law (or the current sexual predator website) to ensure each staff being hired is clear for employment. Program administrative staff will check the website annually to ensure all program staff are cleared to work.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- I have read and understand the Essential Functions of this position, including the Responsibilities and Duties. I also acknowledge that the Responsibilities and Duties for this position may change in the future with or without prior notice.
- I further understand that I can request a reasonable accommodation, should one be necessary for me to carry out the Essential Functions of this position. I can perform these with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Keep yourself healthy with our comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans (Did we mention we pay your monthly premium at 100% if you are full time, YES…100 %!)
- Keep your family healthy with the same comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision available for you to purchase!
- Address everyday concerns with access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family.
- Get involved with company-sponsored monthly wellness challenges!
- Save for your future by enrolling into our retirement plan with generous company matches after 6 month.
- Set aside pre-tax dollars to cover medical or child care expenses through our Flexible Spending Plans.
- Utilize Discounts from our partners (reduced rates for pet insurance, cell phone services, car rentals and more).
- Relax, recharge, and reconnect with friends and family or plan your get away for a few days while using your vacation time awarded to you every pay period!
- Relax when you are sick, rest assured you are covered by your awesome team and accrued paid sick time!
- Enjoy the holidays! You get 13 of them…PAID!
- Celebrate birthdays and anniversaries with your team!
- Join one of our committees and meet employees across the agency.
- Do not worry about coffee! We will provide it...along with a library of creamers!
- Rock your CAPSLO provided hats, t-shirts, sweaters and more!
- Be you!