Vice President of Mission and Ministry
Search for the Vice President of Mission and Ministry
Creighton University, a nationally ranked, private, Jesuit, Catholic university, seeks a passionate, talented, and dedicated administrator, one who possesses a deep understanding of and commitment to the enduring values that inform and enliven the teachings of the Catholic Church and Society of Jesus, to lead the University’s Division of Mission and Ministry. The Vice President of Mission and Ministry is charged with promoting Creighton’s Jesuit, Catholic identity and mission across its campuses, both in Omaha and Phoenix and other satellite locations, and in the wider communities the University serves. The Vice President will inspire and encourage students, faculty, and staff to discover and develop their unique spiritual paths in a vibrant, welcoming, and inclusive campus environment, while elevating the Jesuit values of reflection, care of the individual, service to humanity, and the promotion of justice, among others. This is a tremendous opportunity for a creative, thoughtful, and energetic leader to foster and support a unified vision that builds upon Creighton’s existing strengths, while capitalizing on opportunities afforded by the University’s 144-year presence in Omaha, the opening of its health sciences campus in Phoenix, the recent launch of an ambitious comprehensive fundraising campaign, and the momentum evidenced in exciting areas of growth, including new facilities.
As a Jesuit university, rooted in the Catholic tradition, Creighton is enriched and guided by its mission and identity. As Catholic, Creighton approaches education with a passion for learning and a zeal for making a difference in the world. In the Catholic intellectual tradition, Creighton celebrates diversity, encourages learning through dialogue, and pursues the truth in all its forms. As Jesuit, Creighton continually brings the richness of a 450-year-old educational tradition to bear on the most contemporary issues of our world. This Jesuit vision commits Creighton to form individuals of competence, conscience, and compassion, who learn by reflecting upon their experiences of being for and with others. Creighton does this in service of a faith that does justice.
The Vice President of Mission and Ministry reports to the President and serves as one of the executive contacts for the University Mission, Diversity, and Engagement Committee of the Board of Trustees. The Vice President’s primary purpose is to ensure that the University’s mission and identity as a Jesuit, Catholic institution of higher education are incorporated across the University, and particularly into the core academic and student life functions. Working closely with the departments within the Division of Mission and Ministry and other collaborators, the incoming Vice President of Mission and Ministry will work to address a number of key strategic and operational priorities, including:
- With the President, lead the shared vision and strategy for Creighton’s work in living its mission and identity as a Jesuit, Catholic institution across all academic and nonacademic units of the University
- Develop, coordinate, and align programs and initiatives that effectively engage faculty, staff, students, and alumni in the understanding of Creighton’s identity and commitments as a Jesuit, Catholic university
- Provide experiences, including mission orientation of all new faculty and staff, to ensure administrators, faculty and staff know and model the mission and values of Creighton University and their implications in actions and interactions
- Develop and implement leading educational and formation programming on Ignatian spirituality, discernment and examination of conscience
- Serve as an effective leader of the University community in both internal and external engagements in order to elevate the importance of Creighton’s mission
- Help energize, develop, and support an inclusive and diverse community
- Work with Creighton leadership to enhance, support, and foster its relationship with the Society of Jesus and the Catholic Church, locally, regionally, nationally, and globally
Creighton University has retained Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm, to assist in this search. Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the completion of the search process. For more details, including the full position profile and to submit inquiries, nominations, referrals, and applications, please see the Isaacson, Miller website for the search: www.imsearch.com/8576. Electronic submission of materials is required.
Julie Filizetti, Partner, Sofia Vargas, Associate
1000 Sansome Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94111
In accordance with the applicable Federal Laws and Regulations, Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students and hires qualified employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by law.