JourneypersonDepartment of State Hospitals
The Skilled Trades Journeyperson (Casual Employment) Laborer - Concrete/Roofing & Remodeling/Flooring will be directed by the Utility Shops Supervisor under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Building Trades in the Plant Operations Department. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Works on concrete projects. This includes but is not limited to mixing concrete, laying concrete, forming and laying re-bar, finishing of concrete, and prepare ground for placement of concrete. Digs and levels ground. Does clean-up work following completion of jobs.
- Repair of hospital roofing systems. This includes but is not limited to the removal of old roofing, the application of new roofing systems, the removal and re-installation of equipment in the area to be re-roofed, maintenance of existing roofing systems, and general cleanup to best satisfy the needs of the Hospital.
- Remodeling of occupied and unoccupied space. This includes but is not limited to demolition, painting, flooring, repair, installation of fixtures and cabinets, and general cleanup to best satisfy the needs of the Hospital.
- Replace flooring. This includes but is not limited to the removal of old flooring, repairing of flooring systems, preparing for installation of new flooring systems, moving of furniture and fixtures in the affected areas, and general cleanup to best satisfy the needs of the Hospital.
- Understands and knows location of Safety Data Sheets and pr9otective gear in regard to any hazardous material you may be required to use. Reads, understands and conforms to all Hospital Administrative Directives and Plant Operations Policies. Maintains daily tool control procedures. As determined by the Chief of Plant Operations, the Casual Laborer may be temporarily assigned to assist in other Plant Operations functions, which would serve the best interests of the Hospital.
- Movement of tools, equipment and materials. Assists in moving tools and equipment. Lifts and moves heavy objects, stacks lumber, cleans used lumber and materials.
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled trade or craft or experience comparable in level of responsibility to that of a recognized journeyperson in a skilled trade or craft.