UpholstererDepartment of State Hospitals
Department of State Hospitals - Atascadero Upholsterer state civil service exam this is the first step to state civil service employment.
The Upholsterer will be directed by the General Services Administrator I in the General Services Department. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
• Repairs and reupholsters all hospital furniture and restraints.
• Fabricates seclusion blankets and other specialty items for the facility.
• Operates industrial sewing machine.
• Riveting and grommet equipment used to repair and reupholster furniture and seating.
• Orders all upholstery supplies (fabrics, foam, thread, needles, etc.)
Minimum requirements: Experience: Two years of experience as a journey person upholsterer.
Knowledge of : Practices, materials and equipment used in upholstering. Various types of upholstering materials and their appropriate uses. Principles of effective supervision.
Ability to: Instruct and work with helpers from the resident population. Sew, pack, cut and estimate upholstery material. Repair and renovate mattresses and pillows. Analyze situations accurately and take effective action. Keep records and prepare reports. Read and write at a level appropriate to the classification. Veteran's preference will be granted for this exam.
Affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer.