Academic Support Services Administrator
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking an Academic Support Services Administrator to join our team of professionals.
- Leads the planning, implementation, and management of the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine/Master in Physician Assistant Studies Program/Graduate Certificate Program (HWCOM/MPAS/GCP) Centralized Scheduling System which includes the scheduling of courses and exams, Clerkship rotations, Panther Learning Communities events and functions, and any other student/related activities.
- Manages the delivery of the scheduling service and ensures timely, effective, and courteous resolutions to service requests, and compliance with all policies and procedures. Ensures accurate documentation of room reservation data across the difference programs in place.
- Collaborates with scheduling liaisons within units and departments including but not limited to: Office of Medical Education (OME), Master in Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) Program, Graduate Certificate Program (GCP), Clerkship Coordinators, and Panther Learning Communities Coordinators to ensure maximization of space utilization.
- Develops and communicates service level expectations to scheduling liaisons.
- Manages the master schedule and status reports. Proactively addresses and resolves scheduling conflicts with liaisons and leadership positions in other departments.
- Populates and maintains the data in the Centralized Scheduling system. Updates and corrects the data, as needed.
- Establishes unit standards and develops procedures. Monitor’s performance metrics, evaluates the adequacy and efficiency of the planning and scheduling activities, recommends and implements solutions to improve business processes and performance standards.
- Collaborates with inter-professional university partners (e.g., FIU-Colleges/Departments) as related to scheduling.
- Assures that all classes have appropriate room assignments prior to start of the Semester. Works with all curriculum leadership to assign classrooms/labs/simulation rooms/conference rooms, as deemed appropriate.
- Advises and makes recommendations to Associate Deans and leadership regarding room changes. Recommends the deadlines for the submission of the class schedules.
- Responsible for the timely removal of classes to alternative location(s) during emergencies.
- Develops and delivers the necessary training materials to grant system access as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and six (6) years of appropriate experience, or Master's degree and four (4) years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the introduction, implementation, management, and support of a new technology product. Previous project management or experience leading projects. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in providing outstanding customer service to individuals with a wide range of technical skills and ability to defuse situations and calmly address agitated or anxious customers.
- Experience working in an academic service desk environment using a service tracking and monitoring system.
- Strong team player as well as an individual contributor.
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to work effectively in an environment with rapidly changing priorities, short timeframe, and potentially conflicting requests.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 527264.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.