The George Mason University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics invites applications for a full-time Equipment Manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Maintain inventory and equipment, including proper storage of equipment and maintaining database records;
- Print labels and logos for equipment using Stahls Hotronix and Teklynx LabelView software;
- Maintain excellent organization within given space limitations;
- Take delivery of various athletic building/grounds equipment and apparel;
- Inspect, inventory and distribute all shipments received;
- Manage all team and athlete inventory records for accuracy;
- Make local delivery and pickup of athletic merchandise; and
- Ensure laundry areas are maintained and in working order.
The incumbent will also assist the Director of Procurement with the following:
- Equipment issue/asset tracking of uniforms;
- Investigate, evaluate and draft specifications for purchase orders;
- Contact with vendors and manufacturers;
- Invoice reconciliation;
- Assist individuals when ordering stock and complete order forms; and
- Be knowledgeable of training information on blood-borne pathogens and keep proper records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Sports Administration, Logistics/Supply Chain Management or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field;
- Ability to evaluate and select athletic equipment and apparel with or at the university level with adherence to team requirements and fiscal management;
- Ability to function in an unsupervised setting;
- Excellent database and computer skills;
- The ability to safely and independently move 75 pounds;
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Successful experience developing and maintaining positive working relationships with a diverse population of student athletes, colleagues and suppliers; and
- Employment offer is contingent on meeting eligibility requirements for operating state-owned vehicles; and
- Must currently possess an appropriate, active, valid motor vehicle operator’s license that meets all of GMU’s requirements for operating state vehicles and equipment under Mason’s Vehicle Use Policy 1411 https://universitypolicy.gmu.edu/policies/vehicle-use/. The Office of Risk Management reserves the right to review the driver’s licenses and Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs) of all candidates selected with employment contingent upon a favorable review.
- Certification with AEMA (Athletic Equipment Managers Association);
- Experience working in an intercollegiate athletic equipment room; and
- Experience with eVA (Commonwealth of Virginia procurement system).
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 10319z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.