What We Are Looking For:
IDx is looking for a Controller to develop and execute our accounting policies and processes so that we can meet our financial growth goals. This individual will be working closely with our business unit leaders to ensure that our books are kept up to date and accurate for quick decision making and reporting. The Controller must be extremely detail-oriented, efficient, and have a deep understanding of GAAP. This leader will need input from a variety of employees and must be an effective collaborator. The ability to lead and build teams, troubleshoot, manage relationships, and create foundational systems in chaotic and often disorganized environments is critical to this role. This role will be ever-changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Developing, managing, and enforcing GAAP-compliant procedures
- Performing and managing the monthly and quarterly close processes
- Creating processes for and managing accounts receivables and accounts payables invoice processing
- Creating and maintaining budgeting tools including budget-to-actual/variance reporting, financial planning and analysis, cash flow analysis, and cost savings analysis
- Managing payroll budgeting and auditing payroll for accuracy
- Ensuring a smooth audit process by creating and maintaining internal controls, establishing and maintaining immaculate record keeping and managing the audit process
- Anticipating and evaluating business needs to make sure that financial organization and systems appropriately support the company’s growth
- Creating processes to manage outside vendors
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 and medical device compliance and reporting procedures a plus
Skills & Prerequisites
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in accounting or finance preferred
- Big 4 experience and CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and other accounting theory, principles and practices to include GAAP, SaaS accounting, prepaid expenses & accrued revenue, ASC 605: Revenue Recognition, ASC 985-605: Software Revenue Recognition, ASC 805: Business Combinations and ASC 718: Stock-Based Compensation
- Ability to prepare statistical reports and analyze financial reports
- Proficient in three statement financial modeling
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze data and make recommendations
- Ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence and in procedure manual format
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly, including computation of ratios and percentages
- Coordinating corporate tax reporting and preparation of tax returns with outside tax accountants including sales and payroll tax
- Mastery knowledge of Microsoft Office; accounting software including QuickBooks, experience implementing new ERP systems a plus
- Comfort in the startup environment (i.e., sometimes chaotic and lacking structure) and able to create structure and foundational accounting processes
- Strong priority management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The rigors and challenges of work at IDx are not for everyone, but the team here has some amazing opportunities to:
- Work with world-renowned doctors who are pushing the limits of machine learning in medicine.
- Build upon and contribute to products that will revolutionize health tech.
- Tackle complex problems and projects that will establish precedent for autonomous AI in medicine
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
At IDx, we believe that automation has the potential to transform the quality, accessibility, and affordability of medical diagnosis. IDx is expanding its team after its first product, IDx-DR, became the first ever autonomous Artificial Intelligence (AI) diagnostic system cleared by the FDA.
IDx employees share in the returns of the commercial success they drive. IDx offers a fair salary and benefits package, augmented with an equity stake in the company. We are a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline. Your work will be instrumental in driving IDx’s long-term value.