Funeral Director /ArrangerLos Osos Valley Mortuary
Funeral Director /Arranger
We are currently seeking an experienced Funeral Arranger at Los Osos Valley Mortuary. This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three years minimum experience with coordinating arrangements preferred
- Be capable of directing/assisting and/or coordination of funeral and interment services
- Assist at front desk when needed and any other duties that fall in line with regular funeral every day expectation of our families
- Good Attitude and a team player
- Nights and Weekends are required
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have passed the appropriate exam for Funeral Service or have the ability to reciprocate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prefer experienced funeral director with ability to manage a high caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Maintain knowledge of applicable company policies and procedures, and ensure that they are carried out at all times
- A funeral directors license is a plus but not a requirement
Who we are. What we do. We're more than North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
Benefits Options: Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match Vacation and sick time Tuition reimbursement Funeral discounts, and more SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality.
As used herein, "SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies. Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V