Medical Board Physicians
Location: 1 Lefrak City Plaza, Corona, NY
Class of Position: Independent Contractor
Post Until: Filled
Number of Positions: 1
Salary: $225/hour (non-negotiable)
Minimum hours: 5 /week
The New York City Police Pension Fund (“PPF”) is currently seeking Licensed Physicians (MD) to serve on the PPF Medical Board. PPF is a governmental defined benefit pension fund that provides New York City uniformed members with retirement, disability, and death benefits.
The PPF Medical Board is comprised of three independent medical consultants, appointed by PPF Board of Trustees; New York City Department of Health (“DOH”); and New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services (“DCAS”).
Board members are not employees of PPF or the City of New York, rather are independent contractors. The Board is responsible for rendering a medical conclusion of disability and death for PPF members who have applied for Ordinary and Accident Disability Retirement benefits, as well as Accidental Death Benefits upon the application of an eligible beneficiary.
There is one vacancy: physician appointed by DCAS, specifically a psychiatrist. This Board convenes at 7am every Tuesday. This is an in-person part-time position; there is no option for remote work.
- Reviewing and assessing the medical documentation submitted by applicants, including requesting additional documentation when appropriate.
- Interviewing applicants regarding their ordinary and/or accident disability claims.
- Performing physical examinations on applicants.
- Discussing medical opinions on applicants with other Medical Board physicians in order to render a decision on the applicant’s claim.
- Dictating the findings of the document analysis, interview results, physical examination assessment, and medical conclusions to generate a written report of the Medical Board.
- Reviewing draft Medical Board reports for completeness and accuracy and approving final reports to be provided to applicant.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Board certified in the discipline for which the applicant is seeking consideration
How To Apply:
Send a CV and cover letter in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.