New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services JVN 868-2022-527860
Architect, L3/Project Manager
Salary: $90114,000-$100,000 (Annually)
The Real Estate Services (RES) division of DCAS supports the operations of the government of the City of New York by providing services for the City’s real estate needs. RES is responsible for the space planning and management of 37 million square feet, Citywide acquisitions (lease or purchase), sales and other dispositions of City-owned real estate, architectural design and project management, zoning and land use analyses, disposition of 15,000 City-owned lots, property valuation, and financial analysis of real estate transactions.
The Design & Project Management (D&PM) Unit is tasked with delivering comprehensive project management and design expertise to DCAS and NYC client agencies in order to fulfill their operational and space needs in support of their services to the general public. Reflective of that mission, D&PM is responsible for providing Project Management Services for the renovation of leased and city owned space including programming, preliminary design, scope of work development, cost estimating, furniture and equipment specifications, procurement coordination, space measurement verification and construction administration, among others. D&PM serves client agencies as facilitator in translating their operational needs into space needs that support their specific missions and their workforce.
We are seeking to hire an Architect Level 3 position, which is able to manage projects for leased and City owned space, and who can develop and/or supervise plans, designs and technical drawings to assure code, industry and City compliance. Performing project contract and general administration duties is also required, including comments to Term sheets. Significant experience in architectural programming (workplace strategy) is preferred.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure programming questionnaire and analysis sheets are accurately completed and within timeframes.
- Provide feedback to client agencies as to how to efficiently program their office space to meet operational requirements with flexible space planning strategies that support the workplace agency culture.
- Ensure the site evaluation is accurately completed and proposed architectural base building work included.
- Develop initial project schedule, with input from team members
- Confirm that the project is properly budgeted for and all financial approvals are secured.
- Write or review/comment on Tenant Representative Scopes of work, and if required, incorporate into the transaction.
- Review preliminary plans, construction documents, furniture manifests for compliance with program and design intent.
- If required, develop preliminary plans or base drawings, and any other drawings deemed necessary to illustrate a space planning design concept.
- If required, develop construction documents and select finishes/furniture for in-house expense projects.
- Identify spaces requiring measurement and confirm spatial scope for D&PM to sign off.
- Manage construction projects through Substantial Completion, check field conditions, and coordinate effective and timely completion of projects.
- Develop and/or supervise and review plans, designs, and technical drawings to ensure code, industry and City standards compliance appropriately designed to the client agency’s programmatic requirements.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, BlueBeam and updated versions of AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with portfolio management data systems such as ARCHIBUS.
- Familiarity with workplace strategies.
- Experience with selection/specification of furniture selection systems.
- Experience with selection/specification of interior finishes primarily for corporate office interiors. Experience with other types of spaces is welcomed, but not required.
- Familiarity with NYC Building Code.
- Familiarity developing scopes of work.
- Comfortable with the preparation of budgets and timelines for real estate projects
- Experience with assessing existing space for occupancy capability and consolidation/restack potential
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive & driven with ability to generate positive solutions and results
- Ability to reprioritize projects & deliverables frequently
- Ability to think strategically and analyze all potential issues and alternative solutions
- Strong interpersonal and customer skills in order to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders
Please visit www.nyc.gov/careers for additional details on Job ID#527860
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer Eric Adams, Mayor
Dawn M. Pinnock, Commissioner