Planner AnalystPort San Luis Harbor District
Port San Luis Harbor District is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve in a supportive role in the planning, development, construction, maintenance and repair of port and harbor facilities; including the buildings, roads, parking lots, beaches, revetments, piers, docks, hoists, moorings, water distribution system and wastewater collection system. Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position is an important role in the Facilities Department which includes 12 full-time employees working in different disciplines such Planning, Facilities Maintenance, Heavy Construction, Utilities and Mooring.
Ideal Candidate The ideal candidate for the position of Planner/Analyst has at least three years' experience in project management/planning; coastal resource and project development; drafting and mapping; and/or regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate will be comfortable performing high-level coordination of capital improvement projects, including intergovernmental relations, budget preparation and cost estimation, revision and maintenance of operational plans; has strong critical thinking skills and is comfortable exercising independent judgment, advising staff and making recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with the analysis, development and coordination of capital improvement projects.
- Prepares and administers grant and loan applications.
- Prepares requests for proposals and invitations to bid for consultants, contractor services, and procurements; evaluates submitted proposals and bid documents.
- Serves as liaison with other government agencies, private sector project participants, and citizens' groups regarding project coordination and other matters as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Drafts and administers contracts, permits, bid documents and other public notifications.
- Researches regulatory requirements, prepares regulatory, construction and other permit applications, and ensures compliance with directives from various agencies.
- Prepares and maintains District operational plans, as-built drawings of current facilities, project records and files, including Computer Aided Drafting, mapping, and graphic (AutoCAD & ArcGIS) files for District properties.
- Specifies and orders equipment and materials; conducts procurement processes.
- Implements the District's Safety Plan; researches safety regulations and safe work practices; oversees safety training for marina staff.
- Maintains operational plans such as the Emergency Action Plan, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP) and Hazardous Materials Management Plan (HMMP).
- Prepares reports, memoranda and other documents; makes presentations on assigned projects
Minimum Qualifications Education, Training, and Experience: Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess the equivalent of:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in public administration, planning, civil engineering, architecture, marine studies, business administration or a related field.
- A minimum of three years' experience in one or more of the following areas: project management, planning, engineering, coastal resources protection and project development, capital improvement planning and budgeting, real estate development, urban and/or transportation planning, public administration, drafting and/or mapping (GIS or CAD), plant and facilities management.
- Experience in a public agency is highly desirable.
Compensation The salary range for this position is $56,980-$77,814 annually; placement within the range will be based on qualifications. In addition to salary, the Port San Luis Harbor District offers an excellent benefits package including PERS retirement (New members: 2% @ 62; Classic members: 2.7% @ 55), medical, dental, and vision insurance; sick leave; vacation, 11 holidays per year; life insurance, and voluntary participation in Flexible Spending accounts. The District participates in Social Security. Selection Process All applications will be evaluated based on the established criteria: knowledge, ability, education, experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates will be invited to interview, tentatively scheduled for the week of July 30, 2018. A second interview for top candidate(s) is tentatively scheduled for the week of August 6, 2018. Anticipated start date is late August 2018.