Center for Human Services Research
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
Description of Duties:
The Center for Human Services Research, University at Albany is seeking a full-time Programmer to develop, test and maintain an array of web-based applications for social service initiatives. This includes researching, designing, documenting and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle; analyzing and amending software errors; and writing SQL Stored Procedures for application reports and analysts. Responsibilities include answering technical support tickets in a professional and efficient manner.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in software development OR a Bachelor's degree from college or university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accredited organization OR 2 years' experience in software development & an associates degree from college or university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accredited organization
- Experience with Microsoft technology stack especially Visual Studio, ASP.net and SQL Server
- Experience programming in C# and/or VB, and writing stored procedures
- Knowledge of Object Oriented development, program logic and data flow
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud services
- Experience in jQuery, CSS
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=148695
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.