Customer Service RepresentativeThe Tribune
$15.00 per hour 40 hrs. / week
The Tribune in San Luis Obispo has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Receptionist in their Audience Division.
Under general supervision, the CSR provides prompt and courteous communication and service to The Tribune customers. Receives and processes changes and complaints affecting newspaper distribution activities from various sources including in-person, phone messages, email, and internet. This position supports other divisions as needed.
- Serve telephone and walk-in customers in an effective, efficient, professional and polite manner including directing customers to the proper contacts.
- Act as primary point of contact for Audience customer service escalations working to resolve problems not addressed by the call center. Assist phone or walk-in customers who bypass the call center, resolving any issues.
- Enter Audience customer start/stop/complaint/payment transactions from various sources (e.g., telemarketing, kiosk/crew, website, walk-in, telephone, call center, alternate publications, into the database/system).
- Compile and prepare various reports for the division as requested.
- Process daily deposit and payments from customers.
- Maintain a supply of back newspaper issues and other supplies in the lobby.
- Provide back up to Ad Assistants or other division as needed including data entry, special project work, and customer outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages such as typically acquired through graduation from high school.
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of accurate record keeping, typing, filing, computer use, and peripheral equipment use. Proficiency with Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- High level of effective and diplomatic verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- A basic knowledge of accounting procedures.
- At least two years of customer service experience, working directly with the public. Call center experience desirable.
- AA degree preferred.
- Proficient in NCS Circulation system or ability to master basic functionality within the training period.