Educational Program Assistant 2 for the Department of Psychological Sciences
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 2 for the Department of Psychological Sciences. Under the direction of the Psychological Sciences Program Manager, this position will provide programmatic and administrative support to the Department which includes research and instructional hiring, personnel actions including visa management, H1B and J1 processing, Conflict of Interest, and Dual Employment requirements among other HR-related activities. The incumbent is expected to work independently under supervision and within the defined guidelines established by the program and the supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and executes aspects of employment-related program events, outreach activities, and promotional materials.
- Coordinates program logistics and administrative support for research and instructional aspects of the academic program.
- Provides service on the graduate payroll processes for the Department from application to commencement.
- Calculates salaries and advises Graduate Admissions coordinator on payroll process and compliance with various collective bargaining agreements.
- Reviews and executes Letters of Agreement (LOA’s) with UConn Health Center.
- Serves as a resource to individuals and groups on matters relating to employment-related activities, and administrative policies and procedures.
- Performs office management duties in processing administrative, academic, financial, payroll, and immigration paperwork in compliance with federal, state, and University guidelines.
- Collaborates with H.R., Payroll, General Counsel’s Office, Provost, and Dean’s offices on all matters related to employment.
- Serves as a resource for students, faculty, and outside groups on matters relating to employment and compensation for program activities.
- Collects, compiles, maintains, and disseminates news about hiring opportunities relating to research and teaching.
- Maintains accurate records and may assemble data and prepare statistical and/or historical reports, most of which may relate to graduate students and alumni.
- Provides direct training and related support services to students and some faculty, and follows up to resolve problems in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Makes job assignments for graduate student employees; establishes and maintains payroll records and processes documents as applicable.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets, and monitors and controls expenditures inclusive of fellowship and scholarship distribution.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Two to three years of related experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Experience working in a unionized/collective bargaining environment.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs.
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. This position will be in person at the UConn Storrs campus within the Department of Psychological Sciences. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497504 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on May 23, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.