Media Producer 2
Under the general direction of the designated supervisor or administrator, this position provides creative and technical expertise in planning and producing creative and complex media, including videos, photos, and graphics that are used within courses, programs, or departments that are designed to achieve desired results or elicit a desired response from target audience; serves as project leader for large complex media productions.
Incumbents in this position are expected to be highly skilled in an area of media production specialization such as graphics, writing, multi-media authoring, instructional development, etc., and be able to plan, organize, produce, and direct programs in two of the following areas: video, audio, graphic design, photography, multimedia authoring, and web development. Incumbents are expected to function independently. The focus of this position is on the creative and technical skills needed to generate concepts and produce complex media programs, using a wide variety of sound and visual effects and techniques to achieve the most effective end result. Incumbents are expected to know the principles and practices of video production, graphic design, and creative development processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and produces original multimedia content including video, images, animations, special effects, audio, and other multimedia services for the University and other clients.
- Plans and coordinates storyboards, creative briefs, production schedule, topic research, and filming techniques to be implemented by the supporting team members.
- Provides support to other multimedia team members to help meet production deadlines.
- Conducts the necessary research to implement comprehensive program design and redesign.
- Develops media strategies and determines the best utilization of media technology to produce desired effects.
- Conducts advanced seminars and workshops and/or training programs for faculty, staff, and administrators who utilize media components in differing applications.
- Develops final product using the appropriate media technology to produce desired effects.
- Records audio and video utilizing proper production settings.
- Serves as a resource for internal and external multimedia inquiries.
- Plan and organize multimedia projects to closure.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of instructional media and technology or related field and experience in specific applied areas.
- Four years of related professional experience.
- Demonstrated skills in major media, such as graphics, multimedia authoring, script writing, etc., as required by the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of media technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with staff and clients.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in planning and organizing the development and production of creative and complex media, including video, photos, and graphics.
- Concepts of multi-cultural design, diversity, cultural competency, and other inclusive strategies foundational in design and production.
- Designs facilities, including video/photo studios, editing systems, and mobile field production units capable of producing broadcast quality programs at remote locations.
- Knowledge of the following programs: Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Logic Pro or equivalent audio recording program, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office Applications.
- Thorough knowledge of copyright, intellectual property rights, and other guidelines to ensure compliance in design and production.
- Ability to produce and direct high-quality programs in all areas (video, audio, graphic design, photography, multimedia authoring, web development).
- Demonstrated ability to generate program concepts and translate concepts into high-quality effective media programs.
- Ability to teach seminars and training workshops.
As this position is funded under an annual contract with the University of Connecticut’s School of Social Work and the Connecticut Department of Social Services, this is a 12-month appointment subject to annual renewal. This position is primarily based in the Connecticut Department of Social Services Hartford location.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496637 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on August 9, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.